Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The wrong side of the tracks

Class has come up in conversation and life for me a few times this week. In my graduate class, the professor was trying to remember the name of the world renowned private high school back east. "...Westinghouse?" she wondered aloud. I chimed in, with my big mouth, that I knew that Westinghouse was a power company back east. A fairly obvious class discussion ensued. Today I was waiting to pick my husband up from work, and I stopped at a coffee shop to do a bit of my required reading to fill the time. As I sat on the patio, I was distracted by a beeping noise from behind me. It was then that I turned around to realize that the offending beep was coming from a Ferrari, and that most of the people there had purses that cost more than my car.
I think I'll stick to my side of the tracks more often...

2 comments:

Robert Dunger said...

The exact reason I keep my mouth shut so often!

Chastity said...

I will betray my ignorance and reveal that I have no idea what obvious discussion arose about Westinghouse.

Also, I sat across the table from someone today carrying a Prada purse and momentarily felt grungy in my Wal-Mart flip flops and thrift store jeans and sweatshirt. It quickly passed though - for the most part I am insufficiently materialistic. :-)